By Alan Christy
Read or Download A Discipline on Foot: Inventing Japanese Native Ethnography, 1910–1945 PDF
Similar asian history books
The U. S. Marine Corps, which has lengthy well-known the significance of influencing the civilian inhabitants in a counterinsurgency atmosphere, asked an evaluate of the effectiveness of the mental operations component to U. S. army details operations in Afghanistan from 2001 to 2010 in keeping with how good messages and issues have been adapted to focus on audiences.
This illuminating paintings examines the social, cultural, political, and financial dimensions of the Communist takeover of China. rather than living on elite politics and policy-making approaches, Dilemmas of Victory seeks to appreciate how the 1949-1953 interval used to be skilled via quite a few teams, together with industrialists, filmmakers, ethnic minorities, educators, rural midwives, philanthropists, stand-up comics, and scientists.
This daring number of essays demonstrates the need of figuring out fascism in cultural phrases instead of simply or perhaps basically when it comes to political buildings and occasions. participants from historical past, literature, movie, paintings background, and anthropology describe a tradition of fascism in Japan within the a long time previous the tip of the Asia-Pacific warfare.
A brand new, multifaceted examine Korean girls in the course of a interval of robust Confucian ideology. This quantity deals a clean, multifaceted exploration of girls and Confucianism in mid- to late-Chosoán Korea (mid-sixteenth to early 20th century). utilizing basic assets and views from social heritage, highbrow heritage, literature, and political inspiration, participants problem unitary perspectives of Confucianism as a process of concept, of ladies as a bunch, and of the connection among the 2.
- A History of India (Palgrave Essential Histories series)
- Natural Hazards and Peoples in the Indian Ocean World: Bordering on Danger (Palgrave Series in Indian Ocean World Studies)
- Ancient Chinese Thought, Modern Chinese Power (The Princeton-China Series)
- Aborigines of Taiwan: The Puyuma: From Headhunting to the Modern World
- Bound to Empire: The United States and the Philippines: United States and the Philippines, 1890-1990
- To Lhasa In Disguise: An Account of a Secret Expedition Through Mysterious Tibet (Kegan Paul Travellers Series)
Additional resources for A Discipline on Foot: Inventing Japanese Native Ethnography, 1910–1945
A Discipline on Foot: Inventing Japanese Native Ethnography, 1910–1945 by Alan Christy