By Robert M. Buffington,Eithne Luibhéid,Donna J. Guy
A international heritage of Sexuality presents a provocative, wide-ranging advent to the heritage of sexuality from the overdue eighteenth century to the current day.
- Explores what sexuality has intended within the daily lives of people over the past 2 hundred years
- Organized round 4 significant issues: the formation of sexual identification, the law of sexuality by way of societal norms, the legislation of sexuality by way of associations, and the intersection of sexuality with globalization
- Examines the subject from a comparative, international standpoint, with well-chosen case experiences to light up the wider themes
- Includes interdisciplinary contributions from widespread historians, sociologists, anthropologists, and sexuality reports scholars
- Introduces very important theoretical thoughts in a transparent, obtainable way
Read Online or Download A Global History of Sexuality: The Modern Era PDF
Best historical studies books
The leading edge thought articulated in assets of strength: How strength Forges Human historical past parses background into 4 a long time: the foraging, agriculture, coal, and oil a long time, every one outlined by means of the dominant resource of energy. Manfred Weissenbacher exams this sweeping thought opposed to the landscape of worldwide historical past, combining ambitious powers of synthesis with a specialist's deep knowing of strength structures and applied sciences.
Delivering a dynamic and wide-ranging exam of the most important matters on the center of the research of German Fascism, Nazism as Fascism brings jointly a variety of Geoff Eley’s most vital writings on Nazism and the 3rd Reich. that includes a wealth of revised, up-to-date and new fabric, Nazism as Fascism analyses the historiography of the 3rd Reich and its major interpretive techniques.
Walter Prescott Webb grew to become the most effective recognized interpreters of the yank West following the ebook of the nice Plains in 1931. That booklet remained one of many remarkable reviews of the area for many years and attracted massive consciousness through the years for its strange emphasis at the influence of geographic elements at the technique of cost.
Because the Nineteen Twenties, students have promoted a suite of manuscripts, lengthy deserted by way of Marx and Engels, to canonical prestige in ebook shape because the German Ideology, and particularly its 'first chapter,' referred to as 'I. Feuerbach. ' half certainly one of this progressive research relates intimately the political background in which those manuscripts have been editorially fabricated into variations and translations, so they might symbolize a massive exposition of Marx's 'theory of historical past.
- Contesting History: Narratives of Public History
- Builders of Empire: Freemasons and British Imperialism, 1717-1927
- Writing History in the Soviet Union: Making the Past Work
- History on Film/Film on History (History: Concepts,Theories and Practice)
Additional info for A Global History of Sexuality: The Modern Era
A Global History of Sexuality: The Modern Era by Robert M. Buffington,Eithne Luibhéid,Donna J. Guy