By Christopher Munn
Read or Download Anglo-China: Chinese People and British Rule in Hong Kong, 1841-1880 PDF
Best asian history books
The U. S. Marine Corps, which has lengthy famous the significance of influencing the civilian inhabitants in a counterinsurgency atmosphere, asked an review of the effectiveness of the mental operations portion of U. S. army details operations in Afghanistan from 2001 to 2010 in line with how good messages and subject matters have been adapted to focus on audiences.
This illuminating paintings examines the social, cultural, political, and fiscal dimensions of the Communist takeover of China. rather than residing on elite politics and policy-making strategies, Dilemmas of Victory seeks to appreciate how the 1949-1953 interval used to be skilled via a number of teams, together with industrialists, filmmakers, ethnic minorities, educators, rural midwives, philanthropists, stand-up comics, and scientists.
This daring selection of essays demonstrates the need of knowing fascism in cultural phrases instead of simply or perhaps essentially by way of political buildings and occasions. individuals from background, literature, movie, artwork historical past, and anthropology describe a tradition of fascism in Japan within the a long time previous the top of the Asia-Pacific conflict.
A brand new, multifaceted examine Korean ladies in the course of a interval of robust Confucian ideology. This quantity bargains a clean, multifaceted exploration of girls and Confucianism in mid- to late-Chosoán Korea (mid-sixteenth to early 20th century). utilizing basic resources and views from social heritage, highbrow heritage, literature, and political concept, individuals problem unitary perspectives of Confucianism as a method of suggestion, of girls as a gaggle, and of the connection among the 2.
- India's Freedom Struggle 1857–1947: A Short History (Oxford India Paperbacks)
- Korea's Divided Families: Fifty Years of Separation
- Singapore Perspectives 2012:Singapore Inclusive: Bridging Divides
- The Heritage of Soviet Oriental Studies (Routledge Contemporary Russia and Eastern Europe Series)
- The Jewish-Chinese Nexus: A Meeting of Civilizations (Routledge Jewish Studies Series)
- Ideology and Christianity in Japan: 1600-1900 (Routledge/Leiden Series in Modern East Asian Politics, History and Media)
Additional info for Anglo-China: Chinese People and British Rule in Hong Kong, 1841-1880
Anglo-China: Chinese People and British Rule in Hong Kong, 1841-1880 by Christopher Munn